Thursday, March 10, 2022

Bring a Friend to School Day #1

I had one guest in 5-6th grade today and one from 7-8th grade. The guest of my student fit in just fine with my class and seemed to have a good time. The 8th grade friend's presence caused some of the boys to show off. Ugh. Overall, it went well though. 

We had a normal day for once. My kids wanted to skip a round so we could have more read aloud time. Nope. Too much to do. 

Other things of note: They're still having a great time in the bouncy house at recess. For science, we walked over to church to count trees. Our project was figuring out how many people the trees provide oxygen for in a given year. The answer is about 50 people. People need about two pounds of oxygen per day by our calculations. 

The bell song for Saturday is still rough. It sounds okay, but to our trained ears, it sounds garbled. We should've picked a different song, but I'm stubborn. That and with our missing kids, it's too late to change to something else. Double ugh. We're doing a dress rehearsal tomorrow; I asked Mr. E to give me feedback from someone who hasn't heard the song over and over again. I hope it sounds good...

No comments:

Post a Comment