Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Twin Day

Mrs. L and I were twins today. We wore the same black ILS shirt, jeans, computer glasses, and our hair in braids. Oh, and I stuffed a lump under my shirt so I'd look pregnant. It got a lot of laughs. The preschool teacher saw me checking my mail in the office and actually thought I was Mrs. L. One 4th grader kept saying, "Oh hi Mrs. L! Oh wait..." anytime he saw me just to be funny. Another teacher said, "Wow, that came on fast!" My response: "Oh yes, I simply blossomed overnight!"

The lump started as a pillow from home, but it was too boxy, so I upgraded to a squishier pillow from my classroom. Still too bumpy. Next attempt was a rolled up blanket... needed to be rounder. I finally settled on a few small foam balls rolled inside two blankets. That worked. Except it was quite warm and heavy (much like a real baby, I imagine), so over the course of the day I took away part of the bulk. I gave up at lunchtime. Everyone teased me, "Wow, Miss H, you gave birth already?!" Yep. It came on fast and was born fast. 

Tomorrow is Backwards Day and Ash Wednesday... somehow I need an outfit that's fun and fits the dress up day but can also be switched rightways for church.

Habitat update: They're waiting for windows to arrive before they can do anything else. Once windows are in, they can put up siding, then the doors, then they can do interior work. Sigh. Pray the windows come quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment