Friday, March 4, 2022

Ugly Sweater Day

Today was a short day since we're bowling at 12:30. Still, the day seemed leisurely even though we had to cram our normal day in the morning. It helped that my class is doing spelling tests on Tuesdays. One less thing to do! 

It was Ugly Sweater Day. I wore a bright sweater I got from our Galentine's Day clothing exchange last weekend. Surprisingly, three 7-8th grade boys strutted into my room as if they were on a catwalk, showing off their ugly sweaters. Turns out they were simply ladies' sweaters from TJ Maxx, but still. One had an argyle sweater with a gray sweater vest over top (looked smashing), another had a red crop sweater with fringe up and down the sleeves, and the third had a black and gray sweater dress (baggy and loose and verrrry long). My high of the day! 

While my kids did rounds, I prepped my classroom for next week. I'm Arizona bound after bowling! I'm even taking Monday off. Mrs. O the piano teacher is my sub. My kids were not terribly excited about having a sub, "No offense, but we like you best as our teacher." The day should go well; even though our day is flexible, we have a routine and the kids know it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment