Tuesday, March 8, 2022

National Treasure

Uffda. This day has been a whirlwind... It began in Arizona, believe it or not. G and I made it to the Phoenix airport around 10:30 and were at our gate by 11:30. We snuck a quick hour nap before boarding; our flight left at 1am. A few hours of sleep on a plane did not leave me feeling refreshed, but I was wide awake as we left the airport and found my car again. 

I was nervous about the rain/ice/snow storm that came through over the weekend, if it would freeze my door handles shut. Not much I could do about that. I was supposed to have indoor ramp parking, but ALL the parking spots were full and I barely found a space in the parking area. I had put my car cover over my windshield just in case, and it kind of helped, but actually left a sheet of ice where the wet cover stuck. G scraped while I warmed up in the car (I had left my winter gear in my car since I didn't need it in AZ and I had limited packing space). It wasn't too cold outside though. My car water bottles weren't frozen that much and thawed by the time we got back to Mankato. 

G drove so I could nap. We had ham sandwiches and leftover veggies for breakfast along the way, plus blueberries (cleaned out his parents' fridge before we left). Since we got out of the airport in a timely manner, we drove to Mankato first to drop him off and I headed to school from there. The alternative plan was for him to drop me off at school and pick me up afterwards. The nap refreshed me and I made it to Courtland with no problems. 

My plans for the day were pretty cushy... Camp Omega did chapel and my class watched National Treasure the rest of the day. It was so fun to watch with them. They did AMAZING at predicting and inferring. I wanted them to watch it for the historical value, but it ended up being great reading skills practice too! It was so fun. The only problem was I hit a wall close to lunch time and had to fight sleep... Mr. E had a sub today and she supervised recess in the gym so I could take a nap. That 10 minute nap got me through the rest of the day! 

Tonight, I have a pile of papers to correct and plans for an early bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment