Thursday, March 17, 2022

St. Patrick's Day

Most people wore green to school today, and those that didn't were unmercifully pinched by the stalwart St. Patty's Day followers. I actually remembered for once and wore a green shirt, sweater, and scarf. Plenty of green for me. 

Our fundraiser last night went fantastic! We served about 70 people and raised about $300! That's the most money we've ever raised in a single class fundraiser! Wow! Leftovers got spread around a few places... I got to take some egg bake home and the kids had leftover grapes for snack today. The few leftover muffins went to the school breakfast cart. 

Next Wednesday we sing and play bells for the Lenten service. It's a quick turn around time for the bells, but we've been practicing this song for a while. Today we polished up a few rough spots and it's sounding pretty good. One more practice until we perform. We didn't have enough time to run through the last section of musical script, so we'll do that tomorrow.

After school I spent my time mapping out the rest of the school year. Not too many days left, about two months total, and fewer instruction days remaining once you take out field trip days. If I stick to the schedule, I'll have just enough time to fit everything in for science and social studies. 

Next Thursday my class has a student teacher coming in for the day to teach a reading lesson. Then in April/early May, we get another student teacher for social studies for a few weeks. My kids are very excited to have some new faces around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment