Wednesday, March 9, 2022

YWAC

Young Writers and Artists Conference was a hit! They didn't have one last year because of covid (or it was all virtual and we opted not to 'go'), so there were a bunch of first-timers. Over 500 kids and 100 chaperones attended! Wow! My kids had a blast at their sessions. 

The 7-8th graders went to one about advertising and came up with some cool ideas. They couldn't wait to show me this one...


Highlights from the ad:
  • buddy seats to ride with your husband
  • showers are always ready
  • husband tracker and field map
  • big! crockpots
  • 1# cook book for men
  • farm housewife essentials
  • heavy duty washing machines
  • parts runner machine
After the field trip, we swung by my house in Nicollet to check on the progress. I'd heard a rumor siding was going on... It kind of was. Still no windows installed. They put the front door in and put siding on one wall of the garage where there are no windows. The other doors are either in or are there waiting to be installed. There is a bathtub/shower appliance in the upstairs! Progress. Also, my loan got locked in today. They reserved me more money than originally anticipated, so once again I'm nervous about being able to make monthly payments. I'll need to have a meeting with Habitat and actually crunch the numbers. They need to meet with me anyway since my purchase agreement expires in March.

Today was my first day running our new latchkey program (aka, after school care). I had five girls stay after. We played in the bouncy house in the gym, built forts, played games, and colored. Well, they did. I supervised/assisted, took a walk in the gym, and did some teacher work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment