Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Sing and Ring

Can you believe it, I got stuck in a traffic jam this morning? TWO cars ahead of me had to turn left shortly before my turnoff. There's always a long line of cars on highway 14 in the morning, but today was especially bad because of the wet, sticky snow. People drove slow and caught up to each other not leaving enough space for cars to turn. Thankfully, a kind pickup driver coming from the opposite direction stopped to let one of the cars through. Then we sat for another five minutes until a semi driver did the same thing. If he hadn't, we'd probably still be sitting there! The line of cars went on and on and on.
My kids sing and ring at the Lenten service tonight. We're... basically ready. The singing songs have made a drastic improvement over Tuesday. On Tuesday, my kids hardly knew which song we were singing ("What Wondrous Love is This" and "Above All"). The bell songs are decent. There are still measures they don't play the same speed and it sounds garbled, but I don't think anyone in the audience will be able to tell. 

We braved the snow after PE to do one last run-through, all of the 3-8th graders. My choir plays during offering, so we practiced sitting in the pews then coming up front when I stood up. The 3-5th graders play after the final hymn (they're doing the Doxology), so they practiced the same way. I had them put their tone chimes and books on the floor underneath the bell tables so they're not in the way for my kids' playing. 

We have a one-day student teacher tomorrow. Originally she thought she had to teach a lesson, but she is actually supposed to observe and record a literature lesson to analyze for an assignment. So I'm teaching reading tomorrow and getting recorded. I don't like being recorded and analyzed. I know I'm not a perfect teacher, especially in reading, especially for the purpose of being analyzed by a future teacher. So that was my low for today. My kids were so empathetic. One girl said, "Just remember Miss H, you are really good at teaching us stuff, so don't worry about being videoed." I'm still not looking forward to the video part, but I am looking forward to our guest. 🙂

No comments:

Post a Comment