Thursday, March 24, 2022

Let There Be Light

Science with the 5-6th graders today was a blast. We began our final unit in science: Light and Sound. They had some great questions and we ended up down a rabbit hole (but not too far, it was still light-related). That was my high for the day.

Bells went super well too, playing-wise. Last night's song was probably the best we've played it. My off-beat ringer played his notes exactly when he was supposed to. The kids' songs sounded pretty too. G came in time for church and he sat next to me right in front of the bells. The funny thing is, only a few of them recognized he was there! One 8th grader asked (completely innocently for once), "Who was that guy sitting next to you last night Miss H?" Others were confused, "Someone sat next to Miss H? I didn't see anyone." When I told them who he was, a 7th grader said, "What?! I missed it again! I've been wanting to see him and every time I miss it. Ugh!" They must've been so focused on me they completely looked over him; he was right under their noses, literally two pews in front of them! 

Time with the one-day student teacher went just fine. She was pretty quiet all morning and she looked a little bored during my kids' work times. I tried to get her involved with them when I could. She helped one student with a math redo and played a word work game with half the class. It's hard when she was only in our room for one day. My reading lesson went all right. Nothing super spectacular, but not a failure either.

House update: The windows have arrived! The guys start installation tomorrow! I'm having another 7:15am phone call to go over financial information before the Saturday deadline to sign papers. This call should have more answers than the last call we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment