Friday, March 11, 2022

Fine Arts Fair Rehearsal

I can't believe how much the last two hours of the day exhausted me... The 7-8th graders had a bunch of little things to catch up on: finishing up two history lessons, taking a spelling test, reading through the musical script, and setting up bells/practicing our bell song in the gym. All in one hour. We got most of it done! Only made it to scene three in the musical though. 

Our bell song sounds MUCH better today. Being in the gym helped. New environment, a few more nerves. I think it will be fine on Saturday. Thanks Lord! 

We had a quick dress rehearsal with the 1-8th graders. Main points were how to do introductions and how to end your piece. A lot of kids forgot their music, so they only practiced introducing themselves. 

My kids had a mock legislative session in social today. That was quite contentious. They had $10 to spend on the class and had to write a bill for the executive branch to sign. The current bill says "These $10 should go to buy snacks." I told the executive branch they should veto it because it's not specific enough. One of the legislators was mad at me over it. Another argued, "We'll pass it first and then figure out what snacks we'll purchase!" Then that statement should've been included in the bill... now I can buy gross snacks, or snacks only I like. We ran out of time so the executive branch has not officially passed/vetoed it. A project for Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment