Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Caught Up

Today was a power-through kind of day. I have one assignment to correct and then I am caught up on paper correcting from before I left for Arizona. I also caught up on prepping my lessons for this week, and I caught up on paperwork at home and at school. It's a good feeling!

I had latchkey duty after school. Seven busy bodies kept me company for about two hours. This is a different crew than last week's since I swapped days after getting back from my trip. Some of these kids switched activities every 10 minutes or so, with the exception of the fort builders. Such a good idea to buy two sets of those. They're simple kits: green and blue balls with holes in them for long blue sticks. They make cubes and igloos and whatever else they can put their minds to. It's nice to have something different than what's normally on the cart. I'd imagine the kids who come every day would get kind of bored. 

My prayer partner left me a present this morning. It was a cute little box about an inch and a half on each side. She had it wrapped in small, colorful rubber bands that took forever to get off, but it looked super fancy and festive. I figured out who my partner was because of those rubber bands. One student has made bracelets with the rubber bands all this week; she has a giant kit she brings to school every day. Inside the box was a silver necklace of a tree in a circle. Pretty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment