Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Sock Snake

At afternoon recess, I was invited by two 6th grade girls to play "Sock Snake", a game they invented a few weeks ago. It's a basketball game, basically the same as regular Snake, except you play in sock feet so you can slide, the ball can bounce three times instead of just twice, and you can shoot at whichever basketball hoop is closer/you feel like aiming at. It was pretty fun. 

One of my kids' high for today was something that's happening later this week, which inspired me to have a future event be my high as well: Dollar Bag Day. The best day of the year for the Heintz sisters. Of course, my kids wanted more details. So I shared all the joys of Dollar Bag Day with them. I happened to be wearing a dress found at a previous $ Bag Day, plus I pointed out a bunch of other things in our classroom acquired from the mega sale. They were impressed, specifically that you can get so many cool things for just $3. 

My class is big into money. They have their own snack/toy economy going in the classroom and on the bus. A few kids buy big boxes of snacks and sell portions to their classmates. Another girl brought a bunch of her old fidgets and small toys to school with garage sale price tags. Money is changing hands left and right! It's crazy how many of them have little stashes of money tucked away in their desks and backpacks. Not a lot, just enough to buy these treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment